Auto Accessories — 30-05-2018
Vehicles often face some minor problems and they need immediate attention for enhancing the performance levels effectively. They come in different models making the users to plan a ride based on the c...
A transmission is simply the use of gears and gear trains to provide speed for vehicle running. Transmission components in the vehicle help us to run the vehicle. There are two types of transmission components: Manual transmission components and Automatic transmission components.
Components of transmission system
The Transmission components in the vehicle include:
· Planetary Gear Sets: It consists of a sun gear, a ring gear, and two or more planet gears.
· Hydraulic System: It sends transmission fluids under pressure to all parts of transmission and torque converter.
· Seals and Gaskets: They control the flow of hydraulic fluid and prevent from leaking.
· Torque Converter: It helps the engine to continue running when the vehicle comes to stop.
· Governor and Modulator: They monitor the speed and throttle position which determines when to shift.
· Computer controls: They have sensors on the engine and transmission components to detect the throttle position, vehicle speed, engine load etc.